smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

After the open days, life has started to get back to something more akin to "normal" at work. I'm grateful for that although this week I had to write a review of the last year in the run up to the annual appraisal. I hate doing things like that. I'm not good at using the right jargon/buzz words. I usually write it how it is and then run it past my husband so he can translate it into jargon for me. When he has something important to write, he runs it past me so that I can check his spelling and grammar (he's a scientist), delete tautology and general woffle. See, we're a team! He adds and I take away.

Today, we have 2 ginormous cauliflowers (grown by my friend) to cut up, blanch and freeze, beans to prep and freeze and another batch of jam to make. I'm not going to make any chutney this year because there is enough left from last year to do until next summer. There is also washing and ironing to do as my husband does not have a shirt ready to wear on Monday and I haven't much left either. I'd like a bit of rest sometime this weekend too as all the other weekends until half term are getting a bit fuller than I like already. We need to get to the allotment soon because there are more things to harvest but lack of time and start-of-school-year colds (both of us - yeuch!) mean that I need to concentrate on saving what we already have harvested, rather than harvesting more when it might survive a little longer in the ground.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    It's too late for this weekend but you can ensure you get a bit of a weekend break in the future by doing just one little extra job now.

    Teach your husband to iron his own shirts!!!!!!!!! :O)

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I have taught him and he will if he really has to but I do a better job quicker. And I won't let him near the iron and trousers. Too many tramlines! Besides, he'll go and clean out the hens if I do the ironing : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home