smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Back to school was not as fun as being on holiday. Since workmen were coming in to do major things in my room during the holiday, I had to totally clear the decks at the end of term. That meant being creative about where to store all the Stuff that normally lives around the room. Actually, despite the best efforts of the cleaner, I was surprised to find how dirty it all still was. All the flat surfaces had been washed but the not-so-flat and the upright ones and the keyboards/screens/mousemats etc were dreadful. And I couldn't remember where I had put loads of things...

I was tired and thinking about an early night about 9 o'clock when my daughter phoned to say that she was in Tesco and they had reduced 8 crates of raspberries to 10p per punnet. She had picked me up 30 punnets and was that enough to make some jam...? So I got out the jam making things and sorted out some jars and had just put them in the sink when she arrived. So I've just finished making 10lbs of jam. I'll make some more tomorrow. I can't face staying up any later now. And quite a few packs have gone into the freezer for winter puds. And some have gone into me : )

Isn't she a good daughter! Her dad's favourite jam is raspberry and our crop at the allotment was very poor so he is absolutely delighted to have a supply again because he thought he would have to do without his favourite jam until next year.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ....he's a lovey chap and deserves the jam..........sorry to hear about the builder's dust

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Twiggy said…

    Thanks for your lovely get well wishes. What a great daughter you have, raspberry jam, yum!!
    Twiggy x

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Michelle H. said…

    You've raised your daughter right! Enjoy the "fruit" of your labors!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home