smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Freezer problems

The day after I had posted the last entry, we spotted that the freezer had stopped working.  The compressor had gone.  The freezer was full to the top so it was a case of simply finding a new one that would fit into the space and could be delivered asap.  So I am sitting fidgetting at the computer waiting for a freezer to arrive.  When it comes, then we can open the old one and put the food in boxes, move the old one outside, move the new one inside and fill it up with any food still rock hard.

This is obviously going to be One of Those Years.  We've already replaced the vacuum cleaner, the fridge and the microwave this year.  The kettle is leaking and the iron is not heating up properly....  In 1998, we had to replace every electrical appliance we had and this year looks like following suit.  Mind you, most things date back to 1998 so I suppose I shouldn't really complain.

I wish this delivery would hurry up and happen.  I HATE sitting around like this because I know that if I start anything, then that is when the doorbell will ring.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    Horrible sitting waiting with the clock ticking! My fridge/freezer is making some funny noises and I haven't even had it a year :( hope your new freezer arrives soon xxx

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    It has come - whew! thank you : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home