smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lovely, sunny weekend

It has been a lovely weekend apart from a couple of small showers on Saturday afternoon.  There are three scientists leaving at school - two retiring and one emigrating - so the "prep room" crowd got together for a bbq yesterday.  It was lovely and the couple of showers didn't spoil the fun at all.  Everybody brought something to drink or a dessert or something for the bbq and it was certainly a tasty spread.  One person made a baked cheesecake and I've got to get that recipe.  I just don't have enough superlatives to describe how wonderful it was...

I'd been to Aldi in the morning to spend my £5 off voucher from the Daily Mirror.  Church was low in tea and coffee supplies and as Aldi sell fair trade coffee, I stocked up.  Unfortunately, I didn't manage to spend just the £45 required for the £5 off voucher as my husband spotted the petrol chainsaw...  Now if I'd realised that they had a chainsaw on offer this week, I'd have bought TWO newspapers so that I could use two coupons.

So there was music rehearsal followed by church this morning and I called into Lidl on the way home and bought some of their fair trade tea which is still on offer.  Then a quick sandwich followed by a trip to Tesco.  I had a 73p price promise voucher and a £7 off a spend of £50 voucher plus several other coupons so we did even more shopping.  I also stocked up on the decaff fair trade coffee for church since it was on offer.  And I got lots of bread at 10p - 15p and bags of salad and some veg for the same sort of prices.  On the way home we delivered a bag of yellow stickered items to both son and daughter's houses.  These were well received, cost me about 60p and earned me lots of Brownie points (except that there is no such thing).  Isn't it nice to be able to spread a little cheer!  And I'm totally shopped out now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    We waited and waited for Aldis petrol chainsaw but got to the point where we couldn't wait any longer so had to buy a B&Q one - and now you say it's there, Sod's law!!! Xxx

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Sorry : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home