smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

1 down and 4 to go

It feels like it has been another long week.  Why do the weeks feel like they are getting longer?  It didn't help that there has been a bug going round school and it stopped off for a visit with me too : (  Now I know that a lot of the weight loss is down to water loss but if only I can manage not to put it all back on... 

Just four weeks to go to the end of the school year.  There is one reason why the weeks feel like they are getting longer. I've set myself the task of finding the back of my stock cupboard by the end of term.  It hasn't been seen for many a long day - too many boxes full of stuff in the way.  I've already managed to clear a bit of the easy stuff and lose it to the bin or to another home.  I've lost just enough to be able to spread some of the rest out so that it can be sorted through.  Some of it will end up filling up my house until the woodburner is in use again because I can't bring myself to throw away anything which we can burn and can be useful in that way. The nice lady who cleans my area has noticed and is muttering encouraging words because she has obviously been itching to give my cupboard a good clean and there is not enough room to get her vacuum in...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    we will get there lovvie - we're all tired from the sudden warm weather in a hot building, it makes the days much longer xx

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    The weeks get longer the closer to the end! I left work on Friday, but the last month has been muder, tying up loose ends etc. now I can breathe and relax, just like you can in four (short) weeks xxx

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    Murder even!!!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Fran: I hope you can certainly breathe and relax now - I think you have earned it. Take care.

    FQ: Well done on the Race for Life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home