smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Restful long weekend?

Restful long weekend?  I went wrong there somehow.

Saturday was ok.  Pottered through lots of little jobs and popped round to the little Tesco Express to buy some milk to take to church on sunday morning for the coffee after the service.  Happily, I found some nice rolls reduced so I spent 20p on 2 packets.  We were out of bread so I had been going to make a loaf but I didn't need to.  I couldn't make that many rolls for that price for the ingredients let alone add in the cost of the energy to cook them.

Then we practised the music for church for Sunday morning and went to bed but I didn't sleep well.  We went to church on Sunday morning and then called in to Lidl on the way home because I had a £5 off a spend of £35 voucher.  They were out of the half price (weekend special) of cheese and I'm not surprised because it was a fantastic price. However, they had lots of mince at £1 for 500g which surprised me.  So I rang my friend and brought her home several packs to put in her freezer.  That helped me get to my £35 total as did the fair trade tea (for church) at 99p for 80 tea bags which is nice tea as well as a nice price.

When we got home, we were tired so we had a quick sandwich and sat down for an hour to watch a programme we had recorded.  Later, I was glad we'd had that rest!  We did a couple of jobs and then got dinner ready for 7pm.  We had the plates out and were just about to serve when my husband's nose played up again. This is the 10th time in 2 weeks.  He has been to the doctor this last week but the treatment given has not helped.  Last night he had a MEGA nose bleed for 2 1/2 hours.  NHS Direct recommend that after 30 minutes, you make your way asap to the nearest A&E.  My husband was getting weak and dizzy so I phoned for someone to drive us there because I didn't see how I could get him into A&E and park the car in some far flung car park all at the same time.  We were there for four hours and seen twice.  However, he was given an appointment to go to the ENT clinic tomorrow and that is soooo much quicker than if we had to go through the GP.  Our bathroom looked like there had been a massacre ...

I was so grateful not to have to go to work today since it was 1am befor we got to bed this morning.  And it is only just turned 8pm now but I'm off to my bed or I won't be capable of functioning efficiently in the morning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    I am glad that your husband is now getting the treatment that he obviously needs. It is so frustrating that things take so long when you go to your GP, no wonder more people head for A&E. Have a good weekend xxx

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Thank you! He was knocked sideways by the treatment but he is starting to pick up again now.

    Hope you have a good weekend too. I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures of progress on the boat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home