smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whew, what a hot day we've had. My husband spent yesterday and this morning working on our garden. He had a big stash of wood in the garden and he has moved it, built a lean-to shed to house it, cleared the ground the wood was sitting on and sown grass seed. He has also cut the hedge and I have swept all the paths. I spent my time ironing everything that was washed and dry. There are another couple of loads of washing to be done and the subsequent ironing but if it all done, then I will have less pressured weekends until half term. Bank/public holidays = fewer working days = fewer ironed shirts needed so the stash will last longer : )

My son popped in for a few minutes after lunch. It was my grandson's last day at nursery before the Easter holiday and they had an Easter bonnet parade. He was very excited because he had won a prize of an Easter egg and wanted to show us his hat. It had been created out of a painted cereal box by father and son with a plastic bowl in the top which held shredded paper and a fluffy chick in the "nest" that cheeped when the button was pressed. The hat was painted yellow but it was so hot today that poor grandson had developed a yellow tidemark around his sweaty little head...

After they had gone, we went down to the allotment to carry on the good work there. By rights, I should have melted off a lb or two but I'm sure the scales will show me the same weight as before. The hens and rabbits were very excited about the prunings and weeds that I brought back for them.

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I did a yougov survey this evening and when I checked my balance in my account, I find that I have only £1.10 to earn until my next £50 cheque is sent my way. Yay! The bad news is that I asked for my balance of £40 to be sent to me from cashback-rewards.co.uk a month ago and they now seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth and my money with them. It has taken me two years of searches to earn that. Grrr. The website has vanished and I can only assume that they have gone to the wall like so many other firms.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Jo -
    Thanks so much for leaving a comment on your blog about your sourdough method. I've never heard of making a starter quite like you did. Very interesting. I love to learn from others!
    Thanks,
    Gina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home