smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, April 08, 2011

We're on holiday - yippee. It has been a long term so we're ready for a rest. My husband doesn't start his rest until Monday because he's on a 3 day examiners' meeting at the moment. I know it is hard work but at least he'll get paid for 2 of the 3 days because they won't be giving the fee to the school to provide cover teaching. It is the first time he has had to go to these meetings on a Fri/Sat/Sun. They are usually weekdays so the school gets the money and we just get travel expenses and sometimes a meal allowance depending on time of arrival back home/length of working day. A little bit more in the smallholding pot this time though.

Since I am home alone tomorrow, my son has kindly invited me to a garden party at his house - that is, I have been invited to a working party to help with clearing the garden : ) Instead of bring a bottle, it is come and bring your secateurs, spade, fork etc...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'm sure you'll have a great time tomorrow, it makes a change getting stuck into someone else's garden rather than your own :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home