smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, April 11, 2011

The garden party was good fun. Quite a few of their friends turned up to help so the work became fun and lots got done. I took a cardboard tray with me (lettuce box from the supermarket) and filled it with bramble shoots, dandelions and one or two other weeds that the rabbits and hens consider tasty. No sense in letting the family throw out something that my little brood consider good food.
Saturday was a beautiful day and it was a real treat to have a picnic lunch sitting out on the grass. I'd taken a big pile of scones (2 lbs flour) and some home made jam with me but all that work had made people hungry so they didn't last long. Little grandson thought it was great to have lots of people there to play with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home