smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Saturday school today - the first of three. This series is the very last ever as they have been axed due to budget cuts. They said that the autumn series was the last and then decided that since budget had been set aside in this financial year, we could go ahead with this series. I had a lovely group of year 6 kids and thoroughly enjoyed myself. And I'll get paid for it.

I'm about to go down to church as soon as I finish this cuppa. My husband volunteered us to cook a meal for 40ish people tomorrow at church. We went to the supermarket on the way home from work yesterday and did the shopping. Cottage pie plus apple strudel and icecream for pud. And apple or orange juice. And a cuppa for afterwards. I reckon they should be getting at least 3 of their 5 a day for lunch tomorrow and it will cost about £1.50 a head for adults. And I shall feel obliged to peel the potatoes and carrots so the hens and rabbits will get their share too : ) The trouble with today's health and safety rules is that I can't prepare anything at home any more so I've got to go and use the church kitchen. So if I go and prepare what I can now, it will be a lot less work tomorrow. And there is ironing to be done sometime.

At this rate, I'll be going to work on Monday for a rest!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Jo, You would be proud of me. I bought a polytunnel today and put it up myself, I also anchored it to the ground and dug out my compost bin. It's a beautiful day here.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Well done!!

    You'll have to plan well so you can have organic, homegrown veg all year round just for the price of the seeds (Lidl 29p still - price not gone up for years)

    : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home