smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some nasty dramas going on in our family this week which have left me sleepless and stressed. Then on Monday, I lost my wallet with my cards and £50 in it. Probably too stressed to think about what I was doing with it. Normally I don't carry more than an emergency £10 with me but for various reasons, I had more. I discovered it gone last night and took the house apart - just in case... I came into work early to check here, again, just in case, but no joy. So I've phoned the bank and card people and Nectar and Boots and everybody I could think of. Our bank wouldn't do anything to help unless I could tell them the exact amount of several regular DDs - as if I was in the right frame of mind to remember such things. The vague details that I could give (approx date, who takes the money and a rough idea of how much) were not apparently enough. The lady had obviously got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning to boot. The others I spoke to were really helpful and friendly. Such a difference!

I need to go and calm down.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said…

    there is nothing as stressful as loosing your wallet you poor thing. i hope it shows up somewhere intact

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I hope your purse turns up soon and that the cash is still there. I remember when my children were young putting my purse on the car roof while I strapped them in - and then drove off with the purse contasining my housekeeping still on the roof. Not only that but I did it again a few months later! What a div I was :O(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home