smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm celebrating the start of the holidays with a heavy cold. As the repairs in my room at work required that I leave everything clear for the workmen, I struggled into work for the last two days of school and cleared everything. After they finish the windows, they are going to repair the floor. I need to clear everything or else they will and that means some things would probably go missing. So I'm at home, feeling better for a couple of days in bed and lots of cups of tea brought to me by my husband. The trouble with being just so exhausted at the end of term is that I pick up everything that is going - and that despite taking echinacea and vitamin C and making sure that I eat my five-a-day and drink loads of water etc.

My husband is at church this morning. Our minister has gone to a conference so my husband is taking the service. I gave him so many instructions - give eggs to this person, put the milk for after service coffee in this place, label the second bottle of milk and put it in the other kitchen, tell this to that person, don't forget to pick up that person who needs a lift to the early music practice...... and so on. Will he remember everything? Probably not but just so long as he remembers some of it.

I went up to see my hens and give them some corn yesterday afternoon when I was tired of laying in bed. I felt like I'd run a marathon when I went back into the house : )
I can tell that my brain is missing and that the space is mainly filled with cottonwool because I've had to edit this post three times so far for spelling/grammatical errors. I give up. Any other errors are staying.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    School staff always come down with something at the start of the summer holidays - it's a work related phenomenum. I hope that you feel a lot better very quickly :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home