smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I've finally got around to going through all the receipts that I had been saving since we went away in February half term.  I don't like the results of my sums.  In February we spent £170 on food/toiletries/laundry/cleaning for the two of us and the cats.  I was having a conniption fit until I remembered that the total includes buying tea for six months because I found a brand on a good offer that we like and also 4-5 months of catfood because I found their preferred one on offer.  And there were a few treats for the week we were away. And a few other things in store that were bought on offer. And a few bits for the hens and rabbits. And a few Welsh cakes and chocs brought back from Wales as thankyous to the animal sitters. But I still can't get over how high the remaining figure is.  We didn't have any steak or caviar or buy/eat anything particularly extravagant so I just can't get my head around it.  I've also been through the receipts for March so far and the totals are nothing like as horrific. 

Just shows what can happen when you take your eyes off the ball briefly.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Astra said…

    Jo we had the same thing in feb, and it was scary but we remembered a few big things and also it does do that some months then hopefully we have a low spend month after coz all those little things are stocked up... just funny i had the exact same scare lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home