smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012



I thought I'd join in with Astra's revolution.  You can find her blog at A Journey to a Dream:

http://ajourneytoadream.blogspot.com/

This month the 10 things that are making me happy are:


1   I have a working toilet : )
 
2   My friend down the road has given me a portion of her Friendship Cake  mix last weekend.  I just love sourdough bread and cakes.  It is that lovely tang which is just a delight.
 
3   Just two more weeks and it is the Easter holiday from school - yay!
 
4   Confession time - I love playing Zuma Blitz on facebook.  This month I got my highest ever score in the year I've been playing. I was happy about that as I had beaten my daughter's score.  Mum is not quite over the hill yet. 
 
5   I feel healthier than I have for many months although I still get tired too easily.  Health is one of those things that we really take for granted until it isn't there so it is a real pleasure to say that I feel so much better right now.
 
6   I've been doing a bit of crafting again.  When I'm not well or stressed, I don't like to make anything because I am never satisfied with it.  I suppose it is because my brain is too fuzzy.  I've just done a little cross stitch picture and I'm currently knitting a jumper for a friend's little girl - and I'm happy with them.
 
7   I've been able to read lots of books recently.  They are mostly books from the school library that are aimed at teenagers.  I've just finished two books by Deborah Ellis about a girl's life under the Taliban in Afghanistan.  They are fiction but based on fact.  My life is so easy by comparison.  I'm happy to be able to go about freely, to have a job and to live without fear of being beaten up or of imprisonment without due cause.
 
8   I've been able to sing with the church music group again this month after my voice being gone for 10 weeks with my last chest infection.  I'm not the world's best singer but I do really enjoy singing.  It makes me happy.
 
9   Like Astra, I appreciate the lighter mornings and evenings.  I feel like a mole in the winter when I get up in the dark, go to work in the dark and come home again in the dark.  The lighter evenings also mean that I can see my little hens in the evenings and I like that.
 
10  I've seen and talked to both my grandchildren this month.  I'm hoping that I'll see them again this weekend for Mothers' Day too.  My grandson has discovered Spiderman.  I'll try and post a picture later...

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Astra said…

    Great list Jo, Isn't it great to sit and focus on just the positive and happy things :) Vive le Revolution!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home