smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home again.

We've been away staying in a cottage in mid Wales this last week having every last cobweb blown away up on the moors.  It was lovely and we really enjoyed ourselves.  We had lovely weather too - no rain at all until yesterday morning when we were packing to come home.  There was a woodburner and an endless supply of wood.  I was warm!  It felt really decadent to actually be warm all the time.  Our home is a bit of a fridge especially when we (should be "me" not "we" if I'm telling the truth) can't bring ourselves to heat the whole house just for two of us.

I miss that woodburner already.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger GreenFlag said…

    I used to have a woodburner and I miss it very much.

    I live in a hot breakfast cereal if you change the p to a d.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Delighted you had a lovely trip away. we were at home and cosy with our woodburner, it makes a difference - froogs xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home