smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Six pots of apple chutney made.  I'm nearly through all the windfalls - finally.  I've also got a big pan of peel, cores and small apples that is half cooked.  I've got just a few more apples to prepare tomorrow and then I shall add all the other bits and pieces of fruit to the pot and cook till mushy and make an autumn jelly.  I'm just about all appled out and am pleased that the rest of the apples seem in good condition and will hopefully keep for a while. However, I shall have a good lot of jars to make some goody boxes for Christmas as well as a year's supply of preserves for us.  And some spare to use as thank you presents through the year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home