smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

More apples processed.  Last night I boiled up the 6.5 lbs of apple puree that I'd cooked and sieved on Saturday and Sunday and produced 14 small jars of Potted Apple as mentioned in a previous blog.  However, I did not have the required cloves.  Nor, it turned out, did I have any cinnamon.  So I rootled around in the cupboard and came up with some garam masala, whose main ingredient seems to be cinnamon.  However, I got slightly carried away so I now have 14 small jars of what needs to be described as Spiced Potted Apple........  It will probably taste wonderful with meat but I can't see me using any  with yoghurt : )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home