smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, June 10, 2021

New Cakes

 Life is very busy at the moment. If I am not at school then I am at the coffeeshop catching up on my baking and cooking. I am pleased to say that the freezer now looks as if I have been baking because it is filling up. for the first few weeks that the coffeeshop was open, it was hard to make enough for current use as well as some to put in the freezer. Now I have caught up a bit and am happy that if I were to be poorly (I hope not - but.......) or managed to get away for a few days over the summer ( I do hope so), the coffeeshop would survive without me.  I am responsible for all the shopping too so if I can stock up the storeroom and the fridges and freezers then they would only have to buy some milk from the nearby supermarket. I have to say that I am so pleased to have reached this point and I have put a lot of time and effort into it.

I have been doing a bit of research into new cake recipes to broaden the range a bit. I am finding that YouTube has a lot of experienced cakemakers and I have been watching their videos. A cake has to be worth the effort, has to look good, taste good, keep well and not be too expensive to make. We are a charity and ends have to meet! Some of the cakes I have made will not be appearing on the menu again but some will. I have to admit that it is fun to try new recipes. 

If you want to have a look on YouTube, then try Schnell Lecker Einfach or Il rifugio perfetto. One is Italian and the other German but you can press the button for English subtitles. I do smile sometimes at the literal translations from the original language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home