smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, April 22, 2021

A novel experience

 I had a new experience last night. We had walked to our son's house to collect something and were standing outside having a socially distanced chat when my son suddenly asked "Is that a hedgehog?" I have never seen a hedgehog before in real life and so I followed it as it walked along the pavement. It walked past half a dozen houses before disappearing through a gap in the hedge into a garden. It headed straight for the gap in the hedge so it must have known where it was going. I took a photograph but it was completely dark so it is not a great photo but it will help me remember the experience. The hedgehog was 8 - 9 inches long which is bigger than I thought it would be.




Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    A friend who is very keen on hedgehogs says that the way we protect our property now doesn't help them. Perfect, intact walls and fences, with no gaps means they are less able to travel between gardens and find shelter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home