smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Happy Christmas : )

On Saturday, we were due go to lunch at a friend's. I had wondered why she had invited us about three weeks ago as we usually have a soup and a sandwich kind of lunch which is not difficult to prepare and leaves plenty of time for chatting.  Anyway, we got there and she sent me into the front room to collect something - and there was my entire family sitting on the floor and they all sang "We wish you a merry Christmas" to me.

This was a surprise Christmas party for me because I had spent the real Christmas ill in bed and missed out.  Everybody was wearing their Christmas jumpers and the grandchildren were wearing the outfits that they had worn on Christmas Day.  And there were lots of crackers and we wore paper hats all afternoon. We had a buffet because there was not enough space to seat 15 around a table but we did have Christmas pudding and later on, some Christmas cake.  They had a meeting last weekend to plan the details and shared the catering out between them. They even planned to park cars somewhere that I would not spot and they were sitting on the floor so that I would not see their heads through the window on our way into the house.  My husband was obviously in the know but had managed not to inadvertently let anything slip.

I had a great time and was so pleased that my family had planned such a nice surprise for me. Aren't they a lovely lot!

6 items gone

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    How lovely, great surprise! So nice to have such a caring family and friends xxxx

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I smile every time I think about it : )

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Mum said…

    Oh, that's wonderful.
    xx

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Scarlet said…

    How thoughtful! What a lovely thing for them to organise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home