smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Bargain!

A friend phoned me today to say that she had been shopping in Sainsburys today.  So we went to Sainsburys too and bought Robertson's mincemeat, 454g jars dated June 2018, reduced from £1.50 to 10p.  So that is next Christmas taken care of : )

Mincemeat is also great in baked apples, in flapjack, fruit cake, mixed with stewed apple and topped with sponge mixture.  At 10p, that is way cheaper than dried fruit.

They had lots of jars in the shop we were in so if you are passing Sainsburys in the near future...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Sooze said…

    We were in there today and got deep filled mince pies for 10p per box (they had loads), plus a 1.2kg prepacked gammon joint for 70p!! (discontinued line apparently). I didn't see the mincemeat otherwise I'd have got some.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Mum said…

    A bargain indeed. I wonder if they are still making a profit!
    xx

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    The friend who phoned me got the last gammon joint for 70p in our local Sainsburys. I'm jealous! There were no mince pies when we were in or my husband would have come home with as many boxes as we could carry - he really loves them.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Wow, brilliant bargain. I got some last year for 25p, but this trumps that!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home