smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Holidays

Just one more get-up and then it is a holiday for Easter.  Yay!!  There is lots going on in our lives at the moment:


  • My husband has got lots of bits of work on the go
  • My new little hens have laid an egg each twice this week and their eggs are getting bigger
  • There are lots of seed trays around the house and new plants coming
  • My poorly cat seems to be improving and is now eating me out of house and home
  • My daughter is going into hospital tomorrow for an op which will improve her life greatly
  • My grandson came to fetch me from work yesterday and we played tig (current favourite game) round the shelves of books and my knee survived
  • We were out of bread so I made a little flat loaf of soda bread on the woodburner last night so that there would be fresh bread for breakfast.  I used my new kefir and the bread worked (and tasted) just fine.  I'm not sure that the kefir is working properly though because it tasted vile when I tried a spoonful and I love the tang of natural yoghurt. It always amazes me that bread and scones taste so good when I've made them with sour milk
  • My husband has been asked to preach on Sunday at a church 20 miles away.  I'll go with him and hopefully the weather will be nice on Sunday and we can come back through the lanes and look at green fields.  If it is nice, I might even pack a little picnic : )
  • There are lots of services at church in the coming week to celebrate Easter
  • I've been asked to knit little "chicks" to cover creme eggs for Easter again.  I knitted lots last year but they have not given me much notice this year

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    You are going to be very busy, remember the word 'holiday' and take some time to relax!! xx

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I will think of you and consider myself very fortunate to have switched the alarm off! I do hope one of those interviews will be successful for you.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Allegra said…

    I think kefir is an acquired taste, Jo - OH can't stand it, and he loves yogurt, too. I grew up with kefir though, and prefer it to yogurt. If you really can't get on with it, try making it into smoothies with fresh fruit - it will disguise that unmistakeable friendly bacteria taste.... ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home