smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

£5 off at Aldi

Today there is a £5 off a spend of £40 in the Daily Mirror.  I shall be acquiring my copy of the Mirror : )

I'm reading that lots of people seem to be buying two copies of the paper so that they have two vouchers because they are dated for a week hence.  So one for this week and one for next week if they go shopping a little bit earlier in the week.  I have trouble enough spending the £40 in one week let alone two weeks running!

They seem to be printing a voucher for Aldi in the last week of every month so I think (now that I've finally noticed the trend) that I shall start keeping a separate shopping list for the things that we want that are good value in Aldi.  I do have difficulty in spending £40 anywhere in one go so this will give me a head start.  I can only bring myself to buy something if it is good value because otherwise there is no point to going to buy the paper specially and getting to Aldi.  I have the same problem with the £so much off a £spend vouchers at the other supermarkets too. This provides no end of amusement for my husband. Well, isn't it nice to be useful for something ?   : )

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    We get the Mirror in our library at work, I don't normally read it, just take it home for the woodburner! But now I shall be going through it for sure, although like you - it will have to be for my start of month 'bigger' shop xxxx

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    We don't get the Mirror in our Library so I have to buy it specially. I usually find that the other vouchers that they print for items at Aldi make up for the price of buying the paper - usually but not always : )

    And I bring home the papers from work for the woodburner too. And any stray copies of the Metro that are left lying around the school too. All useful stuff because some of it gets used to line the area under the hens' perches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home