smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I thought I would answer the questions set by Angela at http://angalmond.blogspot.co.uk/  I always enjoy reading her blog and I loved the little Korknisse that she has made and posted about this week.  I suspect that one or two of those might make their way into Christmas stockings in our family this year.

1.What was your favourite sweet as a child?

Chocolate.  Don't remember having many sweets as a child but chocolate was my favourite.


2.Historical novel, romantic fiction, or detective story?

I love detective stories but without too much realism in the gory bits.  I've read Josephine Tey, Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, Sue Grafton, Ellis Peters and loads of others.  I wasn't very keen on Ian Rankin or Ruth Rendell.

3.Where in the world is your heart ‘at home’?

I grew up in Ulster and love the mountains, the sea and the food.  However, I always love being on my husband's turf which is Dartmoor.

4.Nigella, Delia, Jamie, or HFW [or another?]

This one is hard.  I suppose Delia taught me to cook so I'll have to plump for her if I have to choose one.  I've taken little bits from lots of cooks.  Have you read any of John Harrison's books?  Or John Yeoman?

5.What is your favourite season of the year? Why?

This one is hard to answer too.  I hate being too hot or too cold so I think I'll have to choose spring with the promise of good things to come in the rest of the year.

6.What was your first car?

A little Austin 1100.  It was dark green and I was really sad when it died.  It was called Chugalug (need I explain?) and had real character.

7.Which aspect of housework do you find most difficult?

With working full time, I just find that I have insufficient energy to do the extra bits like windows or sorting out things.  I get through the basics and then run out of steam.

8.At this very minute, where are your house keys?

In my bag.  I don't often lose them - unless my husband has borrowed them because he can't find his...

9.What is your favourite ‘Christmas’ food?

I love those little chocolate covered almond cubes which Lidl sell - except they don't have them this year and I'm really disappointed.  My husband has always bought me a box.

I also love all the extra veg that we always do for Christmas dinner.  With half the family being veggie, we always go to town on the veg.  Last year we managed 18 different types.  I'm not sure we can beat that.

10.Who is your favourite cartoon character?

I loved Tom and Jerry.  I also liked watching Ivor the Engine with my son when he was little.  Don't see much of either around these days.

11.What colour is the chair you are sitting on right now?

My computer chair is a cheery cherry and it suits my back very well.  It is starting to get a little elderly and I shall miss it when it breaks.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Kay said…

    Hi Jo,
    I have just read the comment you left on my blog "Deep in the Cornish Countryside" at http://countrylivingblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    and I thought that I would leave you a reply about the llama food. I have 3 llamas and in summer, they mainly eat grass with a bucket of feed a couple of times a week and in winter they have bales of hay and a mixture of coarse goat mix and alpaca nuts fed to them every day. I get the feed from my local farm shop. I have had my llamas for about 9 years now and they are fabulous. Do you have llamas? I am looking forward to getting chickens, I did keep chickens about 8 years ago but after they died I didn't get any more but I think it's time now.
    Kindest Regards
    Kay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home