smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, February 06, 2012

I bought myself an orange when I went to Sainsburys and have made the cake.  It tastes wonderful and the smell is so good that I don't have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to do it justice.  Thank you to Rhonda Jean from Down to Earth for her recipe.

Just one warning - don't go for the most enormous orange you can find or the cake batter will be too liquid.

I'm back at school today.  I could not believe the size of the pile of post waiting for me or the 3 million - only slight exaggeration - emails waiting in my inbox.  I predict that I will sleep well tonight : )

2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Kearnygirl said…

    Hi Jo, Just came upon your blog today. I am in the US. I had a question about your orange cake - I am assuming that you put the whole orange with the peel on it in the processor,right? I just didn't want to make a mistake and wondered if I should peel the orange first? I think not because you said we should make sure we wash the orange first so makes sense that you meant the whole orange. Please let me know, ok? Thanks for your lovely blog and the cake recipe.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Just use the whole orange. It is a fabulous cake and I'm so pleased I spotted the recipe on Rhonda Jean's blog. She uses an orange from her own tree because she lives in a suitable climate. I got mine from the supermarket. It makes a really tasty cake that is not particularly expensive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home