smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas

 One week to go and I am suddenly way behind in my preparations. I have been in school every day for the last two weeks and it will be wonderful when the pay cheque finally catches up with me but I have been too tired to get on with Christmas in the evenings. I have been trying to write a few cards every evening this week and I have managed to get them in the postbox today on the last posting day for second class post. I have also written cards for the neighbours today too. So that is two items ticked off on my list. That just leaves a rather long rest of list...

We are going to younger daughter's for Christmas Day so I am not hosting anybody. I am very pleased about that since I am now so far behind. We always give the grandchildren stockings and I need to sort out my little stash of things that I have been putting away all year. If left to the last minute, it can be a rather expensive exercise to fill stockings for all of them. I need to sort out the pile of things that I have collected and see where the gaps are and then go shopping to fill them. but it is church tomorrow morning, the carol service tomorrow evening, baking for the church coffeeshop all Monday, the annual family outing all day Tuesday. And Wednesday is partly booked, as are Thursday and Friday.

Can I have an extra couple of free days before Christmas please?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home