smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, December 04, 2021

Christmas is coming

 Well, I did not enjoy my booster very much. The nurse said that if I had a bad reaction then it meant that I had built up a good level of immunity. Suffice to say that I must have built up an excellent level of immunity...

We have our first carol service tomorrow and it will be led by my husband. At church we have a monthly afternoon tea for elderly folk in the community and that is tomorrow afternoon. The lady who runs it is excellent at baking so it will be an extra special Christmas afternoon tea : ) Hopefully the folk who attend won't be too full of cake to sing some carols.

The family have been sorting out who goes to whose house for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. So we are not hosting anybody but instead get to spend a day with each of our kids. And they all get to spend a day with each other. I have to say that I am really pleased that they all want to spend time with each other. If one of them needs a bit of help with something, then they phone us or one of their siblings, depending on what it is. 

I have the cards ready for me to write. First, though, I need to write a letter to send out with the cards to far flung relatives that we don't see very often. I always enjoy getting their letters each Christmas. I have half the items ready for the hampers but still need to do some baking for them. That will have to wait a little while so that the cakes are not stale.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home