smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, November 19, 2021

Jab time again

 This time it is the Covid booster jab and we have to go tomorrow (Saturday) morning for that. I am wondering how we will be after that because we were not very good after the first two jabs. I let my husband book these jabs. He had totally forgotten how poorly we were after the first two and had also not linked that with the fact that he was taking the Sunday morning service at a local church.....

I had a lovely surprise when I nipped into the Asda opposite our church after my meeting on Wednesday evening. There in the middle of the yellow stickered items was a bunch of asparagus for 10p. Asparagus is one of my very favourite treats but I rarely succumb to temptation because my husband doesn't like it. I don't like buying really expensive things as a treat just for me but at 10p, it was a much enjoyed treat. Also, my friend goes and fetches food from a shop and takes it to a group called Incredible Surplus which both helps families and tries to prevent food going to landfill. This week, when my friend went to collect the food, the shop had some problem or other and could not let her have the food at the usual collection time and the other place had already closed when she arrived with the food. So she ended up with five trays of mainly bread which needed a home. All her neighbours have ended up with several loaves of bread each and my family too. There were even a couple of bits of gluten free food which went to my granddaughter. Gluten free bread is so very expensive so she was very pleased indeed. We are all grateful recipients of the bounty : ) 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home