smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, September 13, 2021

Busy life as always and my preserved tomatoes too

 We have had a very busy few days and I am looking forward to tomorrow because it is all my own. There is nowhere I have to go and nobody I have to see and no work I have to do (apart from the ever present housework). The forecast is for rain so we can't even go and rescue the allotment from the weeds. Tomorrow is going to be a good day despite the rain : )

We got blight this year and had no tomatoes to speak of really. I had been looking forward to making some more tomatoes preserved in olive oil as I had last year. So I went to the shop and bought some cherry tomatoes and preserved them in sunflower oil as I don't like the taste of olive oil. They are easy to do, especially if you have the oven on for something else. I was hoping to make these with our own tomatoes and had planted some at home and at the allotment but they all got blight. But I will still have some little treats for lunches in the winter although I will need to be sparing with them as I only have four jam jars of these little delights. I got the recipe from this website if you would like to have a look:

https://theelliotthomestead.com/2020/08/preserved-tomatoes-in-olive-oil/


1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Cherie said…

    Thanks for the link. That is now my job for today as I was at a bit of a loose end. x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home