smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

17th March

Happy St Patrick's Day to everybody. He is my patron saint, not that I am doing anything to celebrate. They used to read us the story of his life every year back when I was in primary school but we did not do anything much else to celebrate even then. I have just had a load of St Patrick's Day recipes pop up on the computer but they are all very American (and very green coloured) and nothing at all like we would have had back home. We would not even have known what some of the ingredients were let alone where to buy them so the recipes made me smile. But I am happy for people to celebrate how they like. With all this corona virus stuff going on, there is little enough to celebrate so enjoy anything you can find to celebrate : )

3 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Janice said…

    Hi Jo, Happy St. Patrick's day to you too. I spent a couple of years in Belfast during 'the troubles' 70-73 or there abouts. Not the best of memories but it is a beautiful country, but very different today I'm sure!! It's quite the world crisis we're going through right now. We are trying to self isolate as much as we can as we are both seniors and better to be safe than sorry. It's quite shocking how some people are being so selfish and buying everything in sight, not thinking of the people that live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to buy all the extra. We'll be okay as I always have kept a well stocked pantry so no panic buying for us. Don't understand the toilet paper thing-I read a quote somewhere that said if you get the virus it is a respiratory virus so you will get a runny nose not a runny bum!! I think that says it all! Take care. I think you can get to my blog from clicking on my name now, hope so!

     
  • At 1:54 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Hi Janice. I am being nosy here but what were you doing in Belfast? We are trying to keep away from people too as my husband particularly is in a high risk category.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Janice said…

    Hi Joe, I, very foolishly, got married when I was 18 to an Irish man. We went there for our honeymoon, to see his family, and ended up staying! I came back to Canada, by myself, 2 years later! Probably the worst two years of my life! I met my now husband 6 months after I came home and here we are, 47 years later, living the happily ever after!! My husband is 16 years older than me so we are staying home as much as possible as we are both in the high risk age group, hubby more so than me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home