smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

More food processing and Some News

Woo hoo I can post again.  I don't know whether the fault lies with blogger or with the school network but I've tried to post several times and it (whatever "it" is) won't let me.

I've made 8 jars of strawberry jam, about half a gallon of elderflower cordial and 8 jars of bottled pasta sauce.  I have lots of onions because Asda have 10Kg sacks for £3 at the moment so I'd like to make some more onion marmalade but I don't have to rush into that.  Hopefully the onions won't start sprouting on me and this can wait until the school holidays.

And now for the Real News.  We had a barn dance at church tonight.  We had some young Americans working with us for the last 3 years and they are going home next week so we had a barn dance to say farewell.  My son and his family were there too and we were sitting beside them when my granddaughter got to her feet and walked from mummy to daddy.  It is a wonderful thing to watch a child take its first unaided steps and I am going to treasure that memory.  We've had her walking from one of us to another all evening.  Needless to say, she really enjoyed all the attention and we all enjoyed giving it : )

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home