smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sad, sad

I had to take my old cat to the vet yesterday evening to be put to sleep and today I feel bereft.  I wrote about her in a post a little while back.  Of all the cats I've had, she had the sweetest nature and I'm really, really going to miss her.

It turns out that she had developed a tumour in her throat which explains why she was getting so very thin but she was only having problems eating this last week. She didn't seem to be in much pain, so I'm thankful for that.  I didn't want to lose her but at least I could make sure that she didn't reach the point where she was suffering greatly and I'm thankful for that too.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to put our sweet Rosie to sleep this past fall so I feel your grief. I unfortunately didn't realize how sick she was and waited too long for what I should have done. Cheryl

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Leanne said…

    Please accept a hug from a stranger, but one who is a cat lover. Its awful when they leave us, but a true kindness to let them go peacefully, hugs, leanne x

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mum said…

    Hugs are coming your way from me.
    Love from Mum
    xx

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. It does help to know that others understand how I feel right now.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Our pets are members of our family and any loss will be grieved. My thoughts are with you lovvie - Froogs xxxxx

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Rose H (UK) said…

    Those sweet cats leave a giant hole in our hearts. I know it's tough right now, but she'll be with you always and in time you WILL smile again when you think of your dear girl.
    Rose H
    x

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Scarlet said…

    I'm so sorry to hear your news Jo. Hugs are winging their way to you. x

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger **Anne** said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your much loved cat. Animals are so much a part of the family and it is incredibly hard to say goodbye. So glad she didn't suffer. Thinking of you.
    Anne xx

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Aril said…

    So sorry to hear about your cat- although you know it's the right thing to do it doesn't make it any easier knowing that. I remember how saddened I was.
    Arilx

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Fran said…

    Jo I am so sorry to read this. We love our pets so much and then they leave us for a while. Have you read the poem Rainbow Bridge? Take care of yourself xxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home