smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Another one gone

I've lost another hen so that makes 4 gone since Easter.  At least this was one of my older ones and she was happy and looking for bread in the afternoon and just went quietly in the night.  It made a nice change from the other 3.  Two had to be culled because they suffered prolapses within a couple of days of each other and their little flock took against the one at the bottom of the pecking order and pecked her to death.  Horrible!

I'm very fond of my hens and their antics never cease to amuse me but sometimes their behaviour is not what I want to see.  At least this old hen had a good life and a peaceful end.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Leanne said…

    sorry to read of your loss, its never nice losing them. ive lost a few over the years and it always chokes me up

    leanne x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home