smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, December 14, 2012



www.ajourneytoadream.blogspot.com

My Happiness Revolution post.



Thank you Astra: http://ajourneytoadream.blogspot.co.uk

I can't believe that it is almost 3 months since I posted my last list.  Oops.

  1. I'm nearly well again and have survived my first week back at school.  Health is something we take so much for granted until we lose it, either temporarily or longer term.  I appreciate the feeling of strength returning : )
  2. Still on health - my daughter-in-law is recovered from her operation and my little granddaughter is thriving again after all the little hiccups and problems when her mum was in and out of hospital like she was on a piece of elastic : )
  3. It is nearly Christmas - the time when we celebrate Jesus' birth here on earth 2000+ years ago.  I enjoy sharing that celebration with friends and family.  I'm usually very involved with the music at church but I can't sing reliably yet although I'm hoping that I'll manage some carols this year  : )
  4. It is nearly Christmas so nearly at the holiday from work - yay!   : )
  5. I'm well behind on all my Christmas planning but I've written most of the cards that have to be posted.  And I've made some marmalade to give to friends and some Limoncello for my family.  I'm so pleased that I've managed to produce some things myself despite a few setbacks along the way : )
  6. My husband has been away for a few days at examiner meetings and he's coming back tonight. Yay and triple yay!!!  : )
  7. When Lidl had a mini oven for sale a few weeks back, we bought one.  It seems like it will be very useful.  I've read about various people who use one including  Frugal Queen at http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/ It costs about 20p per hour to run rather than 50-75p per hour for the gas oven.  We do a good line in one pot meals on the hob but it would be nice to have the occasional meal cooked in the oven.  At those prices, it won't be too long before the oven has paid for itself (£29.95) and we'll be into savings : )
  8. It is not my turn to cook Christmas dinner.  This feels slightly mean of me but I'm struggling back to normality and school doesn't finish until 21 December.  I'm going to find it hard enough to sort out what I have left to do without having to clean and polish the house and prepare food for 13 people.  I love having the family round at ours but this year, I'm pleased that it is my daughter's turn : )
  9. I love that I have made so many blogfriends.  I like reading and enjoying and learning from the blogs of like minded people and some of them come here and read my blog too.  The internet can be a wonderful source of learning and enjoyment.  Twenty years ago, who would have thought it? : )
  10. All in all, 2012 has been a good year and I'm happy to have been through it : )


Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello you've won my give away please email your address to me - janemclark@hotmail.com thanks

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Astra said…

    great post Jo :) I love reading other people's happy lists, i think coming up to christmas its especially important to focus on the small thinks that make us happy :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Scarlet said…

    I love my mini-oven( mine also has 2 rings on top as it's the only cooker I have). I cooked Christmas dinner for 5 in it last year with no problems, though it was the first time in 28 years that I'd had to write down a cooking schedule! Enjoy your rest from work and your Christmas dinner being cooked for you.x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home