smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Lockdown 2

 My children are worried about the aged parents and want us to shield more during this lockdown. I suppose we had better go at least partway to meeting their expectations to keep them happy.

I thought about all the panic buying in the last lockdown so I thought I had better go shopping and get some more things in stock - both to stop us having to go to the shops and to make sure that there were still some things left on the shelves. I was pleasantly surprised because Lidl was not particularly full of people nor were the shelves empty. Maybe people around here have learned from last time...  Anyway we have enough milk (fresh and UHT) and other fresh stuff to last 2-3 weeks and plenty in the cupboards and in the freezer. That should keep the family happy for a while even if they don't like that I have been in the shops today. And of course, we are allowed to go to the allotment and there are still some veg to be had there : )

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Living Alone in Your 60's said…

    I think most people have enough food to last for at least a few weeks should push come to shove. You may have to become a little inventive but you wouldn't go hungry. I will pop out tomorrow but if there is a queue I'll come home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home