smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Blackberry cake

I have made three cakes with blackberries in this year. I have made them before but I found a different recipe this year and it was lovely. It is a low fat cake made with yoghurt and it is really nice. It also keeps better than I expected for a cake with so little fat. My youngest granddaughter's favourite fruit this year is blackberries so I made her one of these cakes for her birthday this month. I made one to try out the recipe and we liked it a lot so I made her one and of course, since the oven was on anyway, I made another for us at the same time : )

I found the recipe on Ang's blog and copied it. I expect this will turn up at regular times during the coming year because I have put a few bags of blackberries in the freezer. Ang originally got the recipe from the Dairy Diary. I used to have a copy of this book but I think it must have ended up in a charity shop pile by mistake because I don't seem to have it any more...



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home