smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, July 15, 2016

The Preserving Year

Or, to be more precise, my preserving year. I find it helpful to have a list of what I've made. Jams etc keep for longer than a year so if I make a slightly different list of preserves, then it gives us lots of variety during the year. Most of my preserving happens over the summer so a post in July seems appropriate and I can go back and edit in whatever new thing I've made. It also reminds me what I've made when it comes to making up hampers of goodies for Christmas.

Drinks

Lemonade
Elderflower Champagne
Elderflower cordial

Jams


Blackberry and apple (2 batches)
Blackcurrant
Blackcurrant and rhubarb
Gooseberry and elderflower (2 batches)
Hedgerow jelly
Lemon, ruby grapefruit and orange marmalade
Orange, lemon and ginger marmalade
Plum and vanilla
Raspberry
Rhubarb with a hint of ginger
Rhubarb and vanilla
Sloe, blackberry and apple
Strawberry
Strawberry and Rhubarb


Other

Apple and onion relish
Mrs Beeton's excellent pickle
Pickled eggs




197 items gone

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home