smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

We've had a busy few days again.

We've celebrated our wedding anniversary.  We went out for the day to Ryton Gardens, near Coventry.  We had a lovely day.  There were a lot of cars in the carpark but we hardly saw anybody as we went round.  We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed that in the sunshine.  We also had a cuppa on the way home, stopping in a quiet country lane not far from Ryton.  We ate a slice of homemade Victoria sponge that I had made for my husband for our anniversary.  And I picked lots of clover and a bit of bramble and hawthorn shoots from the hedge for my rabbits' tea : )

Yesterday, we had an addition to the family.  My new granddaughter was born and weighed in at 8 lbs exactly. I got to meet her last night and she is absolutely gorgeous - not that I am a biased gran or anything...  My little grandson sat on the bed and held her and just started singing to her.  He was so excited about going to see her for the first time (and his mum of course).  Mum and baby are doing fine but poor mum had to undergo an emergency caesarean.  Despite that, you should have seen the huge grin on her face as she proudly showed us her new daughter last evening.  I'll treasure those pictures in my head!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Congratulations - on both the anniversary and the new baby,
    Our anniversary tomorrow [33 years] no sign of grandchildren yet tho!

    blessings x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home