smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, January 07, 2020

What a way to start the new year!

We discovered this week that the extra freezer that lives outside in the shed has died. Everything had thawed and I am really upset about it. We had joints of pork, a whole duck, several packs of pork chops, some lovely pate... I could go on but it is all doublebagged and in the bin now because it smells dreadful. It was mostly bought yellowstickered but it was stuff that I was saving as special treats. What a waste.  Aaaargh!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I can feel your pain. That must have been an awfull sad thing to find out. I allways remind my sons to shut the freezer real good.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Our freezer door was shut well but it was the motor that had died. If the door had been slightly ajar, then the smell might have warned us sooner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home