smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Almost December

It is almost December already. I have several boxes of Christmas presents that I need to go through and sort to see who I have left out and need to buy for. I collect presents all year round and put them in some boxes. If I see something at a good price that would be just right for somebody, then it makes sense to me to buy it there and then. I also do a stocking for the children and for each pair of adults and I need to collect bits and bobs all year or the cost of filling them would be astronomical. I just need to get the boxes out and make lists.

We have just come back from yet another visit to Cambridge for more of my husband's meetings. That is four trips this autumn. Thankfully it will now be spring before we have to go back again.  It takes a lot of extra cooking for the church coffeeshop to enable me to go on these trips and then when we come back, I have to play catchup.

I have also just had the invigilation schedules for the year 11 and year 13 internal exams. School does them as near as possible in format to the GCSE and A-levels so that the kids know what to expect in the real thing. More pocket money for me too : )

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Living Alone in Your 60's said…

    I do exactly the same, collecting presents as I find them. I do keep a list of names and ages on my phone that I refer to, so I don't buy in error.

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    We don't give each other "big" presents and the stocking is the main present for family. I need to get everything out and check things so that one person don't end up with lots less than their siblings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home