smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, December 15, 2019

It is December now

Well it is December now and five minutes ago I was saying that it was almost December and now Christmas is nearly here. I've been to one grandchild's school concert and we are going to another tomorrow. I missed one on Friday when I was in school all day invigilating. I spent most of last week in school again and felt like the red queen in Alice in Wonderland who had to run just to stay in the same spot. To progress, she had to run even faster. I only had a short morning to bake at church for the coffee shop. And guess what?  All those Christmas shoppers came in for a cuppa and went and ate all the cake I had made and all the cake I had stashed in the freezer. And I did not really have time to go down and make more. So I went down early for the church service on Thursday evening and got some traybakes in the oven and then nipped out to the kitchen halfway through the service to take them out of the oven. After the service we stayed to ice them and finish them off. We left at 10.45 so we got to sleep really late and I had to be up shortly after six. It takes several early nights to make up for lost sleep these days, I find. And tomorrow I am back baking again because they ate all the cake on Friday and Saturday that I had made on Thursday. It looks like I am going to have to put in a bit of overtime in the kitchen after Christmas to get a little bit of stock in the freezer...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home