smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, September 23, 2019

Even more preserving

No jams or pickles this time. I've picked more blackberries. It really has been a good year for them. There are now between 7 and 8 lbs of them in small bags in the freezer all ready for the winter. I love them with plain yoghurt and a tiny sprinkle of honey nut cornflakes or granola for a bit of crunch. I reckon I must have picked about 16-17 lbs of them this year and there are still more to ripen on the bush.

Mind you, my hands do look like I've been blackberry picking. My thumb nails and index finger nails are very stained and the stains will have to wear off because they don't scrub off. And there are more than a few scratches on my hands. I did remember to wear an old microfleece jacket to protect my arms this year and that has worked. I've just got to remember that for next year now...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home