smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hard decisions


I haven't mentioned it recently but I am still beavering away at getting rid of unused items.  I have now binned or given away or taken to the charity shop some 385 items. There is a bag with 30 more sitting in the hall waiting to go but they are not gone so I can't count them yet.  I promised myself at the beginning of January that I would part with 1000 things during 2015.  I reckoned that even if I failed, then I would still have won if you see what I mean.  Well at 385 at the end of May, I am a little bit behind because I have sorted all the easy things ( like giving away the videos which can't be played because the video player died). I need to average 84 items a month.  I'm beginning to find it difficult to remember what number I am up to so I'm going to put a number at the bottom of my blog post to remind me because then I shall remember where I put my tally : )

I am in trouble with my animals again.  Sally cat is old - she'll be 17 in early autumn.  Like many other cats, she loves you rubbing her chin.  Well last Wednesday I found a little lump on her jaw.  I thought it was probably an abscess under a tooth.  On Thursday I had an upset tummy so I took her to the vet on Friday.  She didn't like me poking at the lump but was not unduly upset.  However the vet said it seems like a growth. I just can't believe how quickly the lump grew. They gave the cat an antibiotic injection and sent me away for a few days.  I went back yesterday and the vet is more certain that it is a tumour in/on the bone.  She can have antibiotics every day to keep infection at bay and then painkillers to help.  Obviously she is too old to go down the biopsy and operation route.  It just wouldn't be fair to her to put her through all that at her age.  But I'm not sure how fair it is to make her live on painkillers either. It is an awfully hard decision to make and I just can't make up my mind.

385 items gone

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Mum said…

    It is indeed a very hard decision to make and I'm sure you will make the correct one. In the meantime I'm sure puss will be getting all the love and cuddles it deserves.
    xx

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Definitely lots of cuddles! She was well into middle age before she would accept a cuddle but now she wants lots. I keep telling myself that it is not only because I am her human hot water bottle...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home