smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pancakes

I'm sitting at the keyboard trying to type by reaching past a quietly purring cat on my lap.  Not very easy as she is moving her head so I can't see the keys very well. Any typos are entirely due to said cat : )

We had a lovely evening out last night.  The BB (Boys' Brigade but we have girls too) had their pancake night last night and invited the church to come as both a fundraiser and a bit of fun. They had made over 120 pancakes to share among about of us and there were lots of sweet fillings.  My grandchildren were there and predictably, they chose chocolate sauce.  Just as predictably, I had sugar and lemon - my absolute favourite sweet filling - and my husband had honey.

It is half term this coming week  so our three children and their families have rented a house in Skipton together.  I hope the weather is kind to them and that they can get out and around lots.  We are left behind  for cat sitting duty.  We'll be able to go away later on when they can be on animal sitting duty for us. That is a treat I can hold up in front of me and look forward to.

My house has too much Stuff.  I've been reading lots of blogs that say this and I looked around my house and agreed that I need to lose lots of Stuff too.  I made myself a promise at the beginning of January that I would lose 1000 items during 2015.  So far I've lost about 80 items, most of them small.  So I'm a bit behind.  I've just passed on a box of Lego to my son for my grandson.  So can I count the individual pieces...?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mum said…

    My house has too much stuff aswell and I have every good intention to de-clutter. 1000 items is a heck of a lot so yes I would count all the individual bricks!!! It'll make you feel good. :0
    xx

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    : )

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    I'm with you on the lemon and sugar, lovely. I am leaving my clutter so that when I go it will be my final revenge on my kids!!!!! Seriously, I have lots of stuff to go, it's just finding the time and inclination to get on with it xxx

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    I daren't leave it to my kids. When I'm gone, my daughter will just get a skip and it will all go, whether it is valuable or not. If there is a lot less, she would probably take the time to separate out the family treasures. When I say "treasures", I mean items of great sentimental rather than monetary value. I have one or two little bits that have been handed down but which would fetch about half a peanut, if that, if sold : ).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home