smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Aldi voucher spent : )

So we went to Aldi and bought enough bags of wedges and petits pois (on offer) and ice cream and strudels (and a few other bits for us) so that we could feed 55-60 for lunch on Sunday.  We also went to Asda and bought their smoked gammon joints that were on offer. Cold sliced gammon with wedges and petits pois and pickles followed by strudel and ice cream.  The plates were well cleaned and there were almost no leftovers apart from a few peas. The last meal we did was a fancier one for the Christmas church meeting so this one was much easier to prepare. Hopefully it won't be our turn to cook again until November - although there is the useful side benefit of pea soup made with the gammon stock for this week's lunches : )

However, I got back from church when it was just starting to get dark and I rushed to feed the rabbits and found that my lovely big rabbit had died. She had been fine in the morning.  She was an old lady and looked like she had been sitting down and just stopped breathing.  We would all like to go like that! I took her and her mate on when their owners moved to another country. She was fiercely protective of her mate but turned into a real cuddle bun when she was on her own.  I shall miss her.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    I am sorry that your rabbit has gone, it is always hard to lose a precious companion :( xxxx

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Thank you Fran. I get very attached to my animals but at least she was just old, not ill, as far as I can tell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home