smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Beechgrove Garden

I've been reading Frugal in Norfolk's blog and she recommends Beechgrove Garden from BBC Scotland.  I never really took to Gardeners' World as it was never quite practical enough for me.  I've just watched last week's episode on BBC iplayer.  It was really interesting.  They publish (online) a fact sheet to go with each episode and last week there was an extra one on keeping fruit and veg fresh.

There were loads of hints and tips which I had not come across so I'm giving this Keeping it Fresh booklet a plug.  Unfortunately I haven't quite managed to work out a direct link to it.  So google Beechgrove Garden and click on the website link for episode 20 which went out on 11 September 2014. Next to the factsheet link, there is a link to this booklet.  Sorry this is long and convoluted but I promise that it is worth the search : )

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    Great factsheets, thank you for the link xxx

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    This is one of the delights of the blogging world - finding treasures on other people's blogs and being able to pass them on : )

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sue in Suffolk said…

    I read about that programme on Frugal in Norfolk blog and then forgot to look at it . So thanks for the reminder.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home