smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Ice cream

I've joined the Orchard Community at Tesco.  If you are accepted on to one of their programmes, then you receive a coupon that allows you to buy a free product or at least at a greatly reduced price.  Then you have to tell other people about it.  So this is what I am doing in this post.

I received a coupon for £3 off any Tesco icecream - from everyday basics to a posh variety.  When I was in Tesco, they had the medium range on offer at £3.50 for any two tubs. So I bought two - Tesco vanilla ice cream 900mls and also Tesco cherry vanilla 900mls.  My favourite ice cream is always a good vanilla so I thought I was on to a winner here especially as cherries are a favourite too.

However, the ice cream was not smooth as I had expected, either in the vanilla or the one with cherries.  It was evening when I bought the ice cream and it takes about 25 minutes to drive home from Tesco so it is not a case of the ice cream staying out of a freezer long enough to thaw and refreeze.  It was also the last thing that I put in my trolley on the way to the checkout and was packed up against other frozen/chilled food in the boot. 

I was quite excited about the ice cream and getting to try some for a mere 50p for two tubs. So I was disappointed with the texture which has spoiled it for me.  I'm not saying that I didn't like it - just that I was a bit disappointed that it didn't live up to my expectations. I thank Tesco for the opportunity to try these and hope that they will include me in other programmes.  I'm afraid that my unfavourable response is also my honest opinion.  I'm not going to lie just to be included in other programmes - what would be the point in that?

Maybe I should just have gone for the most expensive variety of ice cream, which I will probably never bring myself to buy...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Fran said…

    Shame to be so disappointed when you are looking forward to something. I love ice cream with coffee being my favourite x

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    And, guess what - they didn't accept my review.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home