smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Another electrical item for the list

My next electrical gadget has died and this time it was my iron.  I said earlier this year that this was going to be one for replacing electricals.  So far, we have replaced the microwave, vacuum cleaner, fridge, chest freezer and now the iron.  I've bought it from Tesco because they are doubling up the clubcard vouchers and it is free delivery to the usually useless little Tesco Express not far from here.  I paid for the microwave with clubcard vouchers but doubling the value means I got the iron for halfprice but also free because no extra money has changed hands.  And free is definitely my favourite price : ) I wonder which gadget will go next?

I've just finished day 3 of the new school year.  Where did my holiday energy go?  Why has it evaporated so quickly? The new year 7s look so very small and last year's year 7s who were "normal" in size just 6 weeks ago, now look enormous.

And just to add insult to injury, my husband is going round to my son's house tomorrow while I'm at work and will no doubt have a cuddle with our new granddaughter - and I won't.  Grrr.  Ok, so it won't be totally a social call.  "Dad - our toilet has started leaking and I can't see why.  Can you come round and help me fix it please?"  On the one hand, it is nice still to be needed - but he will still get a cuddle with both our little grandaughters and I won't.

I got a flyer from Farmfoods through the door this week and it seems that they are still selling a 1Kg bag of sugar for 59p.  If anyone is passing near a Farmfoods shop and still has jam to make, then it might be worth a call.  They also have two x 1 litre packs of orange, apple or pineapple juice for £1.  now that I have discovered a Farmfoods shop not too far from one of my occasional routes, I think I might be calling in more often. Every little helps.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger freerangegirl said…

    You are the Queen of bargains Jo! We'll done for getting such a good deal!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jo said…


    Thank you for the compliment but if I'm being honest, Tesco sent me an email last week and it nudged me to do something before Clubcard boost finished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home