smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I bottled another 6 jars of apple on Sunday. The trouble is that I was so tired after the second church service that I forgot to put any sugar or lemon juice in... That takes my total to 16 jars (either 12ozs or 1 lb) which means that we can have one every 2-3 weeks until next apple season. Plus there are 4 bags of either apple or quince/apple in the freezer. There are more apples to go but they look in good condition and might keep for a bit so the pressure is off. Whew! I need to keep my eyes peeled for a deeper pan (charity shop...?) so that the jars are well covered. I can't quite manage the depth of water required. Or perhaps by next year, I'll have managed to acquire a collection of shorter jars with pop tops.

It is my granddaughter's birthday today and we are bidden to tea along with the rest of the family. It will be nice to see them. We have a lot of family meals in the autumn as it is birthday season. I need to sneak out of work 15 minutes early today so that I can feed the animals and still get to birthday tea on time. Sssh! Don't tell senior management... (Family meals need to be earlier these days so grandson can get home to bed before he is too far "past it".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home