smallholderwannabe

This blog is mainly a rambling kind of diary of the transition from smallholderwannabe to smallholder.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well, it is half term and actually June at the end of the week - and I am in winter woollies. The hens don't like the cold weather and have almost stopped laying. Just three eggs in total in the last three days from the seven who are still laying. They are not earning their keep!

We just had our gas bill for the last quarter and it is an estimated bill. However, when I checked the meter, I find that we have used about 50% more than they estimated. So, however cold I am this week, I just can't bring myself to put the gas fire on. The thing is - I have been really trying NOT to use any more gas or electricity than we can help. We've hardly used the central heating this winter - just an hour in the evening if it was really cold and we managed only to do that a maximum of four times a week.

I had to go into work today to meet some contractors who did not turn up. So I've got to go in again tomorrow to meet them. This is holiday! I am feeling disgruntled and the cold weather does not help at all. I am off to iron some shirts for work next week. At least I might warm up a bit doing that.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger walter and me said…

    Hello Jo, you left a request on Rhonda's blog for the shawl pattern - I can email it to you, I've managed to find a site I could view. My email is diana (at) blue (hyphen) earth (dot) co (dot) uk or leave a message on my blog. I'll be back for a read when I have more time!! Warm wishes, Diana (in Cornwall)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home